Feature request

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Steve
    Steve avatar
    1851 posts

Posted 26 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Can you guys somehow give us the opportunity via a form to add in an assembly binding to the webconfig for the Telerik.Web.UI?
  2. Erjan Gavalji
    Admin
    Erjan Gavalji avatar
    1455 posts

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid I could not get the question:
    Do you mean you want to have an assembly reference in the web.config (e.g. using a GAC-reference)? If this is what you asked, you already have it: having the Telerik.Web.UI assembly in the GAC would list a GAC entry in the Telerik.Web.UI assembly selector dropdown. Once selected, the web.config would be updated accordingly.

On the other hand, if you meant BindingRedirects as a need, this is indeed a good suggestion which we will try implementing in a release as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Erjan Gavalji
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Steve
    Steve avatar
    1851 posts

Yeah, sorry the web.config binding redirect...I always struggle to find the publicKeyToken on a new project to do the binding :)

<runtime>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <dependentAssembly>
                    <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" />
                    <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-65000.65000.65000.65000" newVersion="2010.3.1124.40" />
                </dependentAssembly>
            </assemblyBinding>
        </runtime>