This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature request

2 Answers 15 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 26 Nov 2010, 04:44 PM
Can you guys somehow give us the opportunity via a form to add in an assembly binding to the webconfig for the Telerik.Web.UI?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Steve,

I'm afraid I could not get the question:
Do you mean you want to have an assembly reference in the web.config (e.g. using a GAC-reference)? If this is what you asked, you already have it: having the Telerik.Web.UI assembly in the GAC would list a GAC entry in the Telerik.Web.UI assembly selector dropdown. Once selected, the web.config would be updated accordingly.

On the other hand, if you meant BindingRedirects as a need, this is indeed a good suggestion which we will try implementing in a release as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 26 Nov 2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, sorry the web.config binding redirect...I always struggle to find the publicKeyToken on a new project to do the binding :)

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" />
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-65000.65000.65000.65000" newVersion="2010.3.1124.40" />
            </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by