This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Request

7 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
jdgoulden
Top achievements
Rank 1
jdgoulden asked on 26 Nov 2009, 04:14 AM

Having tested out JustCode, I have to say that I really am impressed with the speed. I had tried Resharper before and was always annoyed with the performance. Just Code runs quickly with only one caveat. I had been using DXCore and really am attached to the ability to extract a text string into a resource file. It would be really nice if JustCode had a similar feature, to help simplify dealing with resource strings.

It really does look good, nice job guys

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike Fleischauer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2009, 05:39 PM
As to not create a second thread with the exact same title, here is my feature request.

This may only happen in the order I have done my install, so forgive me if the behavior is different if installed in a different order.

Anyways, I installed JustCode the day after it was announced.  Then today (11/26/2009) I upgraded to Rad Controls for Ajax Q3 release.  This install created a Telerik menu, so now I have Telerik then JustCode menus.  It would be ideal if JustCode installed as a submenu of Telerik Menu as default ( AKA Telerik->JustCode ), but would it be possible on the RadControls install, if it detects the JustCode menu, to move it as a submenu under Telerik.  As it is now, its rather sloppy, and given that JustCode is going to be distro'd as part of the Telerik platform, the majority of people are going to have both.
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Nov 2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Mike and Doug,
I am glad that you like JustCode.
About "extract a text string into a resource" - we have thought before about this feature and it goes directly in our production backlog.
About the JustCode and Telerik menus, we have considered adding the JustCode menu in Telerik, but in our experience it gets much more difficult to use. We will consider adding an option for that.

Thanks for the valuable feedback!
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2009, 11:03 PM
Again, keeping this to one thread:  I have a feature request - syntax coloring.  I currently use ReSharper (mandatory where I work because of the solution wide analysis).  Now that you guys offer solution wide analysis there is a possibility to open up a discussion to switch once you go to production.  However, I've gotten used to Resharper's syntax coloring.  In particular the way they actually got brace matching to work.  I've never been able to get VS native brace matching to work in C#.  (I believe this is still broken in VS2010).

Another feature request:  Add Using.   If I have a namespace for MyCompany.Utilities.Foo and I type var x = new Foo(); Resharper is good about allowing me to hit Alt+Enter and it will add a using statement for MyCompany.Ultities.

I hate to say that almost all feature requests that come from me will be in reference to ReSharper, so I could condense it to say "Give me Resharper only faster, not as much of a memory hog, fix their false positives (particularly XAML), and throw in any other cool stuff you think we might like."

-David
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Dec 2009, 11:58 AM
David,

> Resharper is good about allowing me to hit Alt+Enter and it will add a using statement
> for MyCompany.Ultities

You could just go to Tools|Options|Keyboard, locate the command "JustCode.OrganizeUsings", assign a keystroke, (Alt-Enter if you like, but by default JC uses that for FixErrors) and Robert, as the saying goes, is your Mother's Brother!

OK, granted, it's not /exactly/ the same as the Resharper thing, 'cos it'll fix all broken Usings, but ...

--
Stuart
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2009, 03:51 PM
Stuart:  Thanks for pointing that out.  I guess I saw "organize usings" and stopped there believing it just removed unused using statements.  I've just tested it out in C# and works as advertised.  However, I also tested it in XAML and when I "Fix" it all I get is the option to ignore the error/warning.  It'd be nice if it could suggest a namespace include just like it does for missing using statements.

Thanks,
David
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 08:07 AM
David

> I've just tested it out in C# and works as advertised. 
Cool. Glad to help.

>However, I also tested it in XAML and when I "Fix" it all I get is the option to ignore the
> error/warning.  It'd be nice if it could suggest a namespace include just like it does for
> missing using statements.
Indeed. One for the boys and girls at @ telerik towers, I think. If no one comments on that in the next day or so, it might be worth posting the suggestion under a separate thread.

--
Stuart
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 10:07 AM
Hello Stuart and David,
Thanks for the feature request. It is added in our product backlog.

All the best,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
jdgoulden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike Fleischauer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team