This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Request

5 Answers 117 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Derek asked on 29 Nov 2012, 12:00 AM
The PivotGrid looks like a very useful tool. We've been doing this kind of thing by hand all the time for our clients, and it would be great to simplify it! There are a few things that would be nice to see.

Cell Alignment: The ability to control the alignment of cells. Numeric values are typically right-aligned, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control the alignment. We haven't experimented with applying CSS styles; it may be possible with that, but should be right in the structure of the tool.

Export: Having the ability to export to Excel or PDF would be very useful.

Fields Window; When we design forms with any kind of filtering options, the filtering items are usually grouped at the top with the data showing below. There isn't any layout that really suits this approach however; a layout that is wide but not very high would be ideal.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 08:05 PM
I second the Export.
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2012, 03:33 PM
Hi,

About your first question you could check this help topic.

About your second question, I will log this feature request and will consider implementing such functionality in one of the next releases.

Your third question again we will consider implementing such layout.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2012, 04:41 PM
I don't see any way to control the cell alignment, and all the asp.net demos seem to show the data cells left-aligned. I notice that the Silverlight examples show right-aligned data cells; am I correct in assuming that this isn't possible (at least currently) with the asp.net ajax version?
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2012, 01:35 PM
Hello,

The alignment of the cells currently could be controlled either server-side or client-side with CSS. You could hook the CellDataBound event of RadPivotGrid and set the HorizontalAlign property of the cell to Righ/Left and thus the cell will have that aligning:

protected void RadPivotGrid1_CellDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.PivotGridCellDataBoundEventArgs e)
{
    e.Cell.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right;
}

Or you could use the rpgDataCell class to control the appearance of the cells through CSS:

.RadPivotGrid td.rpgDataCell
{
    text-align:right;
}

I think you will agree that we could not map all CSS styles to server-side properties, however, we will consider extending our server-side API.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Dec 2012, 08:03 PM
This works exactly as expected, thanks.

One thing we realized is that we only want to apply this to data columns, not the row headers. We accomplished this by modifying the code slightly as follows;

If Not (TypeOf (e.Cell) Is PivotGridRowHeaderCell) Then
    e.Cell.HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Right
End If
Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Brad
Top achievements