Please, excuse the inconvenience.
The problem happens because of a glitch in the earliest versions of RadControls for WinForms VSExtensions for VS2010. We had the InstalledByMSI
tag set to true there, which caused a subsequent install of the VSIX to fail.
Please, follow the steps below to have the problem fixed:
- Close all instances of Visual Studio 2010
- Start a Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the following folder:
- Check if there is a Telerik entry there. If exists, navigate into it and delete the folder of the Telerik WinForms VSExtensions
- Navigate to [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Telerik
- Delete the folder of the Telerik WinForms VSExtensions
- Start Visual Studio and load the Extension Manager
- Switch to the Online tab and perform a search for "Telerik WinForms VSExtensions"
- Download and install the VSExtensions and restart Visual Studio
- Check if everything is okay now.
the Telerik team
Check out the Q1 2011 Roadmap
for Telerik Controls for Windows Forms.