This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Failed to load resource

2 Answers 83 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 10 Feb 2014, 07:41 PM
I'm putting together my first mobile app.  I've created a Kendo UI DataViz project in Visual Studio 2013.  I've noticed when imbed my javascript in the index.html file, I can run the simulator and the application works as expected.  However, when I pull the javascript out into its own file and refernce that file in index.html (<script src="scripts/myscript.js"></script>), I get a blank screen when I run the simulator.  If I go to Debug->Console, I get the following error:

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not found) http://local/Simulator/scripts/myscript.js"

How do I get the simulator to load this file?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Feb 2014, 03:06 PM
Hello Dan,

We're not able to reproduce such problem on our end. In fact each of our AppBuilder project templates and samples reference javascript files in the index.html file and all of them are running fine in the simulator. Can you check whether you can observe the problem with any of the templates/samples and if that is the case we would need more info about your environment:
  • OS version
  • Visual Studio version
  • Is it a physical machine or virtual machine
  • Are you running latest video card drivers? What is your video card?

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
Icenium is now Telerik AppBuilder, and is part of the Telerik Platform. For more information on the new name, and to learn more about the Platform, register for the free online keynote and webinar on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT)
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the response, Steve.  I'm not sure why, but the issue no longer occurs. 
Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1