Failed to create designer

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. ROY
    ROY avatar
    3 posts

Posted 19 Sep Link to this post

I am following the DataAccess Document and learning to insert the OpenAccessLinqDataSource into my web form "Default.aspx" , but I received the error message:

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.OpenAccessLingDataSource,Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.40 Version=2016.1.224.1, culture=neutral,punblicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342'

Please advise me, how to solve this problem?

Thanks & Best  regards;

2. Doroteya
    Doroteya avatar
    497 posts

Posted 22 Sep Link to this post

Hi Roy,

The error you experience on your side is due to the fact that the Visual Studio integration of Data Access was deprecated in Data Access Q2 2015 (the Linq Data Source Configuration wizard includig). Following the tutorials available in this section of our documentation will allow you to configure declaratively the OpenAccessLinqDataSource control, but it does not enable the wizard. Hiding the entry point to the deprecated wizard is logged on our side, but at the time present, I am unable to provide you with a specific date when the fix should be released. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Telerik by Progress
    Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
  3. DevCraft banner