This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Failed to create designer

1 Answer 68 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
ROY
Top achievements
Rank 1
ROY asked on 20 Sep 2016, 12:58 AM
I am following the DataAccess Document and learning to insert the OpenAccessLinqDataSource into my Asp.net web form "Default.aspx" , but I received the error message:

Failed to create designer 'Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.OpenAccessLingDataSource,Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.40 Version=2016.1.224.1, culture=neutral,punblicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342'

Please advise me, how to solve this problem?

Thanks & Best  regards;

ROY

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2016, 12:21 PM
Hi Roy,

The error you experience on your side is due to the fact that the Visual Studio integration of Data Access was deprecated in Data Access Q2 2015 (the Linq Data Source Configuration wizard includig). Following the tutorials available in this section of our documentation will allow you to configure declaratively the OpenAccessLinqDataSource control, but it does not enable the wizard. Hiding the entry point to the deprecated wizard is logged on our side, but at the time present, I am unable to provide you with a specific date when the fix should be released. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik by Progress

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
ROY
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
Share this question
or