This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Failed to create designer

5 Answers 1914 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott asked on 06 Dec 2007, 09:33 PM
I just upgraded all my RadSplitters/RanPanes to the latest Prometheus version.  I did this by removing the old dll and adding in the new one.  All of the controls show "Failed to create designer "Telerik.Web.UI.RadSplitter, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1107.0......." in designer view. 

I am using the hotfix versions of the controls.  Do you know what might be happening?

Scott

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2007, 01:39 PM
Hello Scott,
The code for our controls in design view is in the Telerik.Web.Design.dll. Just add a reference to that DLL and the problem should disappear.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2007, 02:00 PM
That fixed it!  Thanks.
jonnyO
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2009, 10:59 PM
I have this problem with 2009.1.311.20.  I tried using GAC and not, installed VS2008 SP1 and still no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks
John
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 08:44 AM
Hello John,

Make sure that you have the same assembly version referenced in the Web.config, in the Bin folder and in the GAC. You should have all the same assembly everywhere and also it is better if you have the fully qualified name in the Web.config references. If you have all this ensured, you should not experience problems with the designer.

Best wishes,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
jonnyO
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks
Atanas http://blogs.telerik.com/AtanasKorchev/Posts/09-03-06/Meet_Telerik_Web_Design_dll.aspx lead me in my search.  I found Telerik.Web.Design ...20 and ...35 in C:\WINDOWS\assembly.  Couldn't uninstall these assemblies until 2009.1.311 .exe was removed.  After scrubbing the new install and removing both Design assemblies from the assembly folder I manually set ...35 in the GAC and Telerik.Web.UI in my project Bin.  All is good.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1