This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expression Blend & WPF VS2012

3 Answers 149 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jc asked on 05 Jul 2012, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I 'm actually designing a new WPF application based on RadControls Q2 2012 with VS2012 RC / windows 7.
I would like to customize RadGridView styles. I imagine that using Blend would simplify the task.
The problem is that Blend 5 does not support wpf nor silverlight projects on windows 7:
See this link http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/8cdd9710-8aa0-4fea-aef8-ce2709a8f5d8

How could I easily customize the RadControls Q2 2012 styles?
Thank's for your help.
JC

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2012, 09:01 AM
Hello Jc Colin,

RadGridView can be easily styled with Microsoft Expression Blend, please check our documentation for further reference. You can use Microsoft Expression Blend 4 for WPF4 and Silverlight4.
For Silverlight 5 you may use Microsoft Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5. 

They will work correctly under Windows 7. 

Regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Jc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2012, 10:38 AM
I've tried to open a vs2012 wpf project  with Blend 4.0, and it works with xaml view.
In order to get the design view, I was obliged to go back to VS2012 and change the wpf projects 
target framework to 4.0.
Thank you!
Jc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2012, 12:35 PM
Hi,

FYI, I've installed the latest Blend version: Blend Preview for Visual Studio 2012 
It works fine with WPF / .Net 4.5 now.

JC
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Jc