Expression Blend & WPF VS2012

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jc
    Jc avatar
    25 posts

Posted 05 Jul 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

I 'm actually designing a new WPF application based on RadControls Q2 2012 with VS2012 RC / windows 7.
    I would like to customize RadGridView styles. I imagine that using Blend would simplify the task.
    The problem is that Blend 5 does not support wpf nor silverlight projects on windows 7:
    See this link http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/8cdd9710-8aa0-4fea-aef8-ce2709a8f5d8

How could I easily customize the RadControls Q2 2012 styles?
    Thank's for your help.
    JC
  2. Vanya Pavlova
    Admin
    Vanya Pavlova avatar
    2019 posts

Hello Jc Colin,

RadGridView can be easily styled with Microsoft Expression Blend, please check our documentation for further reference. You can use Microsoft Expression Blend 4 for WPF4 and Silverlight4.
    For Silverlight 5 you may use Microsoft Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5. 

They will work correctly under Windows 7. 

Regards,
    Vanya Pavlova
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Jc
    Jc avatar
    25 posts

I've tried to open a vs2012 wpf project  with Blend 4.0, and it works with xaml view.
    In order to get the design view, I was obliged to go back to VS2012 and change the wpf projects 
    target framework to 4.0.
    Thank you!
  5. Jc
    Jc avatar
    25 posts

Posted 31 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

FYI, I've installed the latest Blend version: Blend Preview for Visual Studio 2012 
    It works fine with WPF / .Net 4.5 now.

JC