This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Export to pdf error

8 Answers 126 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jagat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jagat asked on 17 Jul 2013, 07:24 PM

I have a RadScheduler and a button to export the calendar to pdf.  Below is the code and the error message that I'm getting on the button click.

protected void RadButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {           
           RadScheduler1.ExportToPdf();
       }

Unable to connect to the remote server<br/>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 

Thanks for the suggestions!!

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2013, 07:03 AM
Hi Jagat,

Could you specify the version of the controls you are using. Also, do you experience the same issue on our online demo:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/pdfexport/defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Jagat
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2013, 03:17 PM
The version number is 2011.3.1305.35. I'm seeing this issue only on the server and not on my local machine in debug mode.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2013, 07:49 AM
Hello Jagat,

It seems the version you are using is an old one. Would it be possible to test with a newer version of our controls.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2013, 12:55 PM
I'm also getting this error.

Fine on my dev pc but on the server it times out.  I'm using the very latest hotfix to the Q3 2013 controls...

Any suggestions?  

Regards

Jon
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Jon,

Would you be able to provide some more information about your project and setup of the Scheduler? A sample page demonstrating the issue and a live URL to the production version that fails will also be very helpful in determining the reason for the problem.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi,

Sadly not at the moment - the setup is so complex that isolating it will be a pain.  Next week when I have time I'll open up a new support ticket and will email over a username and password for you to look at the page..

Regards

Jon
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Apr 2019, 07:30 PM

Hello,

I'm using 2017.1 and still having the same problem. Once exporting to pdf using calendar.ExportToPdf(), it pops up error.

Exception Type = WebException
Message = Unable to connect to the remote server
Source = SystemTarget Site = System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()
Stack Trace = at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.SchedulerExporter.GetStyleSheet(String url) at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.SchedulerExporter.GetStyleSheetFor(String controlName, Type controlType, Page page, String pathFormatString, String defaultPathFormatString) at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.SchedulerExporter.GetStyleSheets(Page page) at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.SchedulerExporter.RenderControl(Page page) at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.SchedulerExporter.PdfExportRenderForm(HtmlTextWriter nullWriter, Control form) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxControl.RenderPageInAjaxMode(HtmlTextWriter writer, Control page) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Peter Milchev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Apr 2019, 12:36 PM
Hello Brad,

Please check if any of the troubleshooting bits of advice in the PDF Export Troubleshooting article would be helpful to track down and resolve the issue.

Also, I would like to suggest you review the client-side export to PDF using the ClientExportManager as demonstrated here: https://www.telerik.com/support/code-library/scheduler-client-pdf-export-with-clientexportmanager.

Regards,
Peter Milchev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Jagat
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Jagat
Top achievements
Rank 1