This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

export to jpeg

6 Answers 97 Views
ImageEditor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ronny asked on 19 Oct 2011, 04:14 PM
Hello,

is it planned, that the JpegFormatProvider support exporting to jpeg? Thanks.

Greetings,
Ronny

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2011, 02:19 PM
Hi Ronny,

We have JPEG export on our to-do list, but it has not been scheduled yet. However, as RadImageEditor is highly extensible, you can create your own format providers by implementing the IImageFormatProvider interface. This approach is illustrated in a demo attached to this blog post, showing how a format provider that supports both import and export from JPEG can be developed and plugged in RadImageEditor’s architecture.

All the best,
Iva Toteva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2011, 09:55 PM
Hi Iva,

I solved it by using the FJ.Core library. It works perfectly for me.
Thanks,
Ronny
HDC
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2012, 03:20 PM
Hi Iva,

Is there any change in this?

Because we are also using some third party free library and although it is working most of the time (though being very slow) some images get corrupted by this library. I must say that for us this control is, sorry to put it blundly, useless because there is no support for JPEG.

If you think about for example digital camera's... they don't use .png nor .bmp format... most of them use JPEG and if not all camera's will support converting them to this format and users are accustomed to work with the jpeg format.

It has costed us a lot of time to add jpeg support and now we find that we are in trouble because some of our pictures get corrupted. The fact that silverlight does not support writing jpeg natively should be all the more reasons that you guys should because it fills in a functionality hole in Silverlight.

Best Regards,

Peter
Ivailo Karamanolev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi,

There are plenty of free libraries for JPEG export, some of which work very well, others - not so. We haven't noticed any problems with the one we've highlighted in our blog post mentioning this.
As there are already pretty good tools, and this feature would be very expensive, it's not currently scheduled to be implemented. We will consider your interest when prioritizing this feature.
Contact us again if you need additional information.

Regards,
Ivailo Karamanolev
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
HDC
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi Ivailo,

I am using FJCore and it corrups some of my pictures, i leave in the middle if it is something i'm am not doing right or if it is something inside FJCore. I haven't gotten the time to look into it, but that fact that it saves some pictures correctly and others not, tells me it probably has nothing to do with my code.

You can not seriously be selling an ImageEditor control without support for the most used format on the internet. Moreover, some of your competitors seem to have no problem supporting it.

if there are so many free libraries out there, Telerik should have no problems using one of them and including them into the product. Once again, for me the image editor is a useless control without support for JPEG and if i look at the comments on the introduction of the control, i'm not the only one to feel that way.

Now we have to contact another component maker to satisfy our requirements and still be so lucky that we can integrate those components into yours.

Best Regards,

Peter
Ivailo Karamanolev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I've created a PITS issue, so that you can vote to prioritize the feature. Here's a link to it. Voting will help us better judge the functionality.
Additionally, as we haven't seen any issues with this library, we're surprised to hear you are experiencing such. Feel free to open a support ticket, attaching any images and/or code you see relevant, which will help us reproduce the problem. This way we will be able to further assist you with your issues.
Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Ivailo Karamanolev
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
ImageEditor
Asked by
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
Ronny
Top achievements
Rank 1