This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Export to excel

3 Answers 204 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sharath
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sharath asked on 08 Sep 2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement to export the grid data to excel sheet(XLSX). Grid may have row details.

Which Telerik API is suitable for this requirement( Reporting APIs or any other).

And even i would like extend this export functionality to export in PDF format.

Please provide me the details to start using Telerik API's to make report generation success :)

Thanks,
Sharath

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 09 Sep 2014, 02:47 PM
Hello Sharath,

The UI for WPF RadGridView can export data to the formats defined in the ExportFormat enumeration: Csv, ExcelML, Html or Text. For more information, please refer to the Grid Export help article.

Telerik Reporting can export reports to PDF and Excel formats, but you will need to pass the data from the grid to the report beforehand. The Reporting ObjectDataSource component enables you to achieve that, as it provides a way for you to bind Data Report Items to a middle-tier business object without extensive code. The ObjectDataSource component represents the middle-tier object (business object or any other class) and provides data retrieval capabilities.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Sharath
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2014, 10:55 AM
Hello Nasko,

Thanks for the response.

Grid export functionality which you mentioned is to be written code behind (of XAML) .

We are using MVVM approach where in we cant  use this mechanism to generate report.

Is there any other approach to export the data in grid that can be incorporated in MVVM approach.

Is there any Telerik API which gives (XLSX) format. The grid export mechanism which you mentioned doesn't support this.

Thanks,
Sharath

Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2014, 10:47 AM
Hi Sarath,

You can use the Telerik UI for WPF libraries to export in Excel the data from the GriodView as in the How To: Quick export to Excel (XLSX) for WPF and Silverlight blog post. You can implement this in your MVVM scenario by executing the code in a command and using the proper property change event.

If you decide to use Telerik Reporting libraries, check the following forum discussing how to display a report: Reporting WPF MVVM Sample. In the attached demo you will notice you can additionally supply data to the report by implementing proper relations between properties of the model.

I hope the above information helps you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sharath
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Sharath
Top achievements
Rank 1