This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expand Panel Bar with NavigateUrl Property set not working in SharePoint 2010

1 Answer 31 Views
PanelBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gottfried
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gottfried asked on 18 Nov 2010, 09:32 AM
Hi,

i have installed the rad asp.net ajax controls in version 2010.2.826.35 on a SharePoint 2010 web frontend server.
Then i migrated a SharePoint 2007 site running rad asp.net ajax controls in version 2009.1.311.35 to the sharepoint 2010 server. The sharepoint site uses the rad panelbar. I modified the panelbar to use the NavigateUrl property to navigate to websites when clicking on a RadPanelItem.
Unfortunately in 2010 the Bar does not get expanded when clicking on the root RadPanelItem. It only gets collapsed when clicking on the down arrow of the RadPanelItem, but this would be a break in usability. In the 2007 SharePoint site this works without any problem.

I placed the Panelbar in the sharepoint masterpage and didn't run any visual upgrade. So the 2007 masterpages are further in use.

Is there a way to get this running in sharepoint 2010 with 2010.2.826.35?

Kind regards
Gottfried

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 11:00 AM
Hello Gottfried,

This is a strange issue, the version of SharePoint should not interfere with the client-side workings of our controls. Can you please provide a live URL where the bug can be observed and debugged?

Regards,
Simon
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
PanelBar
Asked by
Gottfried
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Simon
Telerik team
Share this question
or