This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expand All

6 Answers 150 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jack asked on 17 Nov 2011, 10:47 PM
I am trying to set up a client (or server) side expand/collapse settings for the tree view on File Explorer. Everything is working for the collapse, but my expand code is still having issues.

I tried first on the server side with 'fileExplorer.TreeView.ExpandAllNodes()', but during Page_Load the TreeView is null.

I then switched to trying on the client side. I was able to get the first level of nodes to expand, but then the ajax call prevented further expanding.

Here's my js code which expands the first level:
function treeExpandCollapse(t, b) {
    var nodes = t.get_allNodes();
    for (var i = 0; i < nodes.length; i++) {
        nodeExpandCollapse(nodes[i], b);
    }
}
function nodeExpandCollapse(n, b) {
    var nodes = n.get_allNodes();
        if (b) nodes[i].expand();
        else nodes[i].collapse();
        //nodes[i].set_expanded(b);
        // Recurse
        nodeExpandCollapse(nodes[i]);
    }
}

Since the client isn't aware of the subfolders until the ajax call returns, nodeExpandCollapse does not recurse. After I load all the folders using ajax, the collapse and expand buttons work correctly.

I thought that by attaching to the OnClientNodePopulated event of the treeview, I could determine that a node has been populated and then run it through the expander, but this event (using tree.add_nodePopulated()) does not fire at all when the tree is expanded, even doing a manual expand. My first thought is that the FileExplorer tie in is blocking my tie in (if I check get_events(), it shows two handlers for OnClientNodePopulated) but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Jack,

RadFileExplorer is using callbacks to populated the expanded nodes. So, in order to expand all nodes of the tree you need to handle the Tree's ClientNodePopulated client-side event and manually expand the sub-nodes of currently expanded node.

The following sample page implements the required functionality:
<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer1" runat="server" OnClientLoad="explorerLoad">
    <Configuration ViewPaths="~/ROOT" />
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function explorerLoad(explorer, args)
    {
        var tree = explorer.get_tree();//get reference to the TreeView
        tree.add_nodePopulated(nodePopulated);//attach ClientNodePopulated handler
        expandSubNodes(tree);//manually expand initially visible nodes
    }
    function nodePopulated(sender, args)
    {
        var currentNode = args.get_node();//get reference to the expanded node
        expandSubNodes(currentNode);
    }
    function expandSubNodes(parent)
    {
        var nodes = parent.get_allNodes();//get an array of all sub-nodes
            nodes[i].expand();
        }
    }
</script>

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Rohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 10:57 AM

Hi all,

I want to  expand the particular node in File explorer tree view  from the client side and set focus to that folder …
Rohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 04:48 PM

Hi   Dobromir, 

I want to  expand the particular node in File explorer tree view  from the client side and set focus to that folder and also refresh the file explorer grid  â€¦

Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2012, 02:40 PM
Hi Rohan,

You could achieve the desired functionality by using the FileExplorer's loadFolder() method. It would set both the focus to a specific folder and load its content in the Grid. The path, which is passed as a first parameter to loadFolder() method must be the same as the path to that folder, displayed in the FileExplorer's AddressBar (and it must begin with a "/"):
<telerik:RadFileExplorer runat="server" ID="RadFileExplorer1" Width="520px" Height="520px" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad">
    <Configuration ViewPaths="~/Images" UploadPaths="~/Images" DeletePaths="~/Images"/>
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>
<script type="text/javascript">
    function OnClientLoad(explorer, args) {
        explorer.loadFolder("/ROOT/Images/4/", false);
    }
</script>

Regards,
Vesi
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Rohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Vesi,

Thanks for you replay ... it works for me.. thanks

I have one external rad window for upload file with different parameters ,i don't want any postback during the upload ... i down this but my file explorer is not showing the current uploaded file . hos can is do this ... is ajaxfilemanager need to use?
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2012, 02:07 PM
Hi Rohan,

You could achieve it by calling the FileExplorer's refresh() method after a file has been successfully uploaded - this will refresh the current loaded folder, showing the new files:
var explorer = $find("<%=FileExplorer1.ClientID%>");
explorer.refresh();

Regards,
Vesi
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Rohan
Top achievements
Rank 1