This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Execute Test as Step in VS2010 (Test View)

1 Answer 53 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tyson McCall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tyson McCall asked on 31 Aug 2010, 11:04 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to execute a webaii test that includes a test as step in Visual Studio 2010 via Test View or Test List editor.  I get the following error message (see below).  It appears it is looking for the test as step in the results folder for some reason.   Note, I can successful execute the same webaii test using quick execute mode but from the test view or test list editor it fails.  

Is there a setting or test path reference that I need to change in VS?

Version:
WebUI Test Studio Dev 2010.2.713.0
MS Visual Studio Ultimate

Thanks,
Tyson

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Overall Result: Fail
--------------------------------------------------
'8/31/2010 5:56:37 PM' - 'Pass' : 1. Navigate to : '<testurl>'
'8/31/2010 5:56:37 PM' - 'Fail' : 2. Execute test 'WebAiiTest2'
Failure Information: 
Failed Inner Test: Step 2: Execute test 'WebAiiTest2'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unable to find test 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\PerfTestProject\TestResults\user_FHPR-WKS-0004 2010-08-31 17_56_31\Out\WebAiiTest2.aii'
InnerException:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find test 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\PerfTestProject\TestResults\user_FHPR-WKS-0004 2010-08-31 17_56_31\Out\WebAiiTest2.aii'
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteTestInCurrentContext(String relativeTestPath)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.IntrinsicTranslators.Descriptors.ExecuteTestActionDescriptor.Execute(IAutomationHost autoHost)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep()
On Failure Message: NOOOOOOO!
'8/31/2010 5:56:37 PM' - Detected a failure. Step is marked 'ContinueOnFailure=False' aborting test execution.
'8/31/2010 5:56:37 PM' - Overall Result: Fail

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 08:57 AM
Hello Tyson,

Yes, in VS 2010 you need to explicitly enable deployment to achieve that. Please follow the steps from this blog and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tyson McCall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Share this question
or