This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error when running application (2011.1.419.35)

2 Answers 46 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 06 Oct 2011, 08:31 PM
Good evening,

I get the following error for the RadRichTextBox when trying to run my application.

Missing Method Exception:
Method not found: '!!0 Telerik.Windows.Controls.DependencyObjectExtensions.GetVisualParent(System.Windows.DependencyObject)'.

I'm not really sure what's going on. I use all of the references that are mentioned in the documentation.
The error is thrown when I click on the RichTextBox and try to type characters into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm using version 2011.1.419.35.

Thank you very much.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2011, 05:26 PM
Hello Robert,

I tried a simple demo with RadRichTextBox from the controls version you have specified and was not able to reproduce the problem.
Could you check if the versions of all Telerik assemblies you are using is the same, as I have verified that the DependencyObjectExtensions.GetVisualParent(System.Windows.DependencyObject) method is included in the 2011.1.419 version of Telerik.Windows.Controls.
If the problem persists, we would appreciate it if you could open a support ticket and attach a demo in which the problem can be reproduced. You can find attached the demo I used for testing.

Kind regards,
Iva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2011, 05:53 PM
thanks very much. I will get back to you on this after the weekend as I will be away for a few days.

Thanks again.
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iva Toteva
Telerik team
Robert
Top achievements