Error on build

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Satinder
    Satinder avatar
    3 posts

Posted 11 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hi All,

From last week my code when deployed to App builder companion breaks (works OK in simulator). I tried to create a build and getting below error.
    I have spend a lot of time to figure this out but unable to pin point the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Platform=iOS
    MobileProvisionIdentifier=3d38d6c3-7696-47d4-9cde-2e70aa2abb5b
    iOSCodesigningIdentity=iPhone Developer Satinder Varma (52Q6V688MH)
    AndroidCodesigningIdentity=
    Configuration=Release
    WP8CompanyHubApp=
    BuildForiOSSimulator=
    LiveSyncToken=URtQvp+nZ763UP6XOtkb0LCIbFvgDyMrXi2ldEtQPU4JTAxR1ygykfOnLI2cijP2jVWr6gp9ghXwckMTdZH/C2iaGQR5QMPNldZxUBIFobdv6/S136D4qOhj856sWucr.
    C:\Users\Satinder\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\lhoe0twq.ba5\Targets\Build.targets(185,3): error : Server build failed. Server output: Project "BackRoadsApp.tmp.proj" (default targets):
    iOS Build Tooling revision 2014.10.23.3

Error: ls: /tmp/c9b8585aa1d14b2c8080e9e996615165/Cordova350/Resources/splash: No such file or directory

path.js:313
    throw new TypeError('Arguments to path.resolve must be strings');
    ^
    TypeError: Arguments to path.resolve must be strings
    at Object.exports.resolve (path.js:313:15)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/builder/BpcTooling/Cordova3/node_modules/cordova-build-utils/bin/pbxmanipular:21:21)
    at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
    at startup (node.js:119:16)
    at node.js:901:3

Done building project "BackRoadsApp.tmp.proj" -- FAILED.
    Done building project "BackRoadsApp.iceproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.
  2. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

Posted 14 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hi Satinder,

Thanks for the provided details.

Would you please elaborate a bit more what does it happen when you deploy your app on AppBuilder companion app?

Does the app crash or it just does not represent the content?

Notice that the Simulator and companion app testing might differ from a real device deployment because they both have some limitations.
    The ultimate testing scenario will be deployment on real device by using "Build and deploy" command when the device is connected to the workstation and "Build in cloud" > [Platform] > App package for a remote device deployment.
    Once we have fixed your build error I recommend deploying your app on actual device by using the first option above so you can debug it if needed.

Regarding the build error you have reported, it normally happens when invalid characters have been used in the Application Identifier text box so please check this requirement. I know the error doesn't say so but we are going to improve that.
    Notice that if you use any wildcard provisioning you will have to replace the '*' symbol with some string.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

3. Satinder
    Satinder avatar
    3 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2014 in reply to Zdravko Link to this post

Thanks Zdravko,

the problem was *.

The code is building but I am still getting error when I deploy using cloud. But If I connect the cable the application loads correctly.
    Really appreciate if you help me resolve this. If there is any problem is my code it should not work with the cable also, am I missing anything here ?

PS: I have also raised a support ticket for this issue.

Regards,
    Satinder
  4. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

Posted 21 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hello Satinder,

I will reply to you in the other ticket raised as I might need to share some private information.

Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.