This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error Initializing Recorder

12 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dale asked on 25 Jul 2017, 06:38 PM

Hello,

I am working on the installation of the Test Studio trial version on a standalone domain. I've completed the manual key process and upon trying to create a Project I getting the following error message:

Error initializing recorder: The HttpsGetEnabled property of ServiceMetadataBehavior is set to true and the HttpsGetUrl property is a relative address, but there is no https base address. Either supply an https base address or set HttpsGetUrl to an absolute address. Recording will not function.

The error message is followed by:

An unexpected error occurred in Test Studio. Do you want to save your work with the following options; No, Save, or Save/Restart.

The Test Studio application then closes after one of the options is selected.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 28 Jul 2017, 11:47 AM
Hello Dale,

Thank you for your interest in Test Studio. 

As far as I can see from the error message you are trying to start recording a test so a project is already created. Please correct me if I am wrong. If you could open a project please enable and generate the application log while reproducing the error again. Then zip the log file and send it zipped via this thread. 

Next thing I would like to ask for if the above assumption is correct is to ask you to enter the whole URL in the Start recording window- like http://www.google.com for example. Will this result in an error as well? 

If the above is not applicable I would like to ask for some further details on the topic. What OS you have on this machine, which is the browser you use for recording, have you tried with any other browser, have you tried with another URL including a public accessible one which could be used on our end as well. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jul 2017, 12:56 PM

Thank you for the reply Elena,

As indicated, I’m trying to Create a Project. Therefore I’m unable to zip the log file as also indicated, the application closes.

I’ve installed the application on another server which displayed different behaviors. On this server I was able to create a project without the application closing. The Recorder Failed to Launch when utilizing Internet Explorer 11. I was able to successfully record a test utilizing Mozilla Firefox on this server.

Going forward though, I need to use the application on the server with the errors indicated:

“Error initializing recorder: The HttpsGetEnabled property of ServiceMetadataBehavior is set to true and the HttpsGetUrl property is a relative address, but there is no https base address. Either supply an https base address or set HttpsGetUrl to an absolute address. Recording will not function.”

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2017, 12:27 PM
Hello Dale,

Thank you for getting back and sharing the results of your attempts. 

Since there is also a private thread you submitted on the same topic I am aware the machine has Windows Server edition. Could you please double check an article on the topic and how to configure that OS for test automation. 

Please let me know if that changes the behavior of Test Studio. Thanks! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2017, 01:03 PM

Hello Elena,

I've double checked this procedure several times and it remains configured correctly to work with Internet Explorer 11. The error that Test Studio is providing occurs prior to calling on a browser.

Thank you,

Dale

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2017, 03:41 PM
Hi Dale,

Thank you for getting back to me and sharing details. 

I would like to place few more questions in relation to the occurred inconsistent behavior. 

Please double check if you have .Net 3.5 installed on the server machine where you are not able to open Test Studio project. Please if not install it and give a try to create a project again. 

Next thing I would like to have some further details about is the license you are currently using. Since you currently have a trial one activated and are listed as licensed user as well. For the second user there is no key generated yet. Also I would like to know the machine name of the one on which Test Studio crashes - I would like to double check if there are any crash reports generated for this machine. 

If there is no change in the behavior I would like to ask for the following: 
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin
- Run Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe as Administrator

If Test Studio starts please first enable the logging and then try to start any of the created projects from the Test Studio tab -> Recent. If that doesn't work please collect the log file and send it zipped via this thread. Alternatively from that point you could also try to create new project and again share the log file and what the behavior is. 

Thanks a lot for all your cooperation. I am looking forward to hearing from you! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2017, 06:36 PM

Elena,

I verified that .Net 3.5 is installed on the server.

I’ve since generated the key for the purchased license and have updated the license within Test Studio from the Trial license.  The machine name that we’re having difficulty on is: MADSSAPP001 and I believe that you should have already received the log file for the error we’re experiencing on this machine.

One area to look at is someone from our team was previously working this issue with a Nikolay Petrov on your team and there was discussion regarding an %appdata%\artoftest folder. I do not see an %appdata%\artoftest folder so would like to know if and where it should be located.

Regards,

Dale

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2017, 10:18 AM
Hi Dale,

Thank you for getting back to me and sharing further details. 

Could you please try the following as listed in the previous reply and share the results of that: 
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin
- Run Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe as Administrator

If Test Studio starts please first enable the logging and then try to start any of the created projects from the Test Studio tab -> Recent. Please collect the log file after trying to open a project and send it zipped via this thread.

Next thing to try would be to try creating a new project to double check what the behavior is and share the respective log file again in this ticket for further investigation. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2017, 12:35 PM

Elena,

I've enabled logging and have created a log while running Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe as Administrator.

This effort is on a stand alone domain which I'm in process of having the log transferred from that I can provide.

Regards,

Dale

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2017, 06:13 PM

Elena,

Zipped log file attached.

Regards,

Dale

Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2017, 11:43 AM
Hello Dale,

The log is full of duplicate assembly errors for some reason. I would like you to perform full uninstall of Test Studio. Then delete the following folders manually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik
C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\ArtOfTest
C:\ProgramData\Telerik

Perform a fresh install by starting the installer on the machine with admin rights.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Progress Telerik

Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2017, 04:56 PM

Ivaylo,

I've completed a fresh install having followed the instructions provided.

I'm experiencing the same error and shutdown.

Next?

Regards,

Dale

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2017, 02:08 PM
Hi Dale,

Please refer to the respective private thread for further details. Thanks! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Progress Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dale
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by