This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error in VS2013 RTM

5 Answers 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alan Mosley asked on 29 Oct 2013, 10:53 AM
I get an error on all my Kendo controls, the error does not stop them from running, but stops the use of intellisence
Thanks

Error 4 'Kendo' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper(Of EF.OutOfNetwork)'. D:\HomelyTFS\Homely\Homely.co\Homely.Web\Areas\Admin\Views\Shared\_CsvGrid.vbhtml 

Dim CsvGrid As Kendo.Mvc.UI.Grid(Of BO.Models.OutOfNetwork) = Html.Kendo.Grid(Of BO.Models.OutOfNetwork).Name("CsvGrid") _
.Columns(Sub(columns)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 01:42 PM
Hello Alan,

It seems that the Kendo namespace is not recognized in your application due to some reason.

Is it possible that the Kendo.MVC assembly is not registered or referenced properly in your application? Also can you check whether this issue appears only in VS 2013 project, or in VS 2012 project as well? The answers to these questions can help us pinpoint the cause of the error to address it accordingly.

Regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 01:48 PM
I no longer have 2012 installed, but I can tell you that it only happened since 2013 RTM, it was ok in RC and preview and 2012.
The controls work ok, its just the intelligence, and error list.
Did I mention this is a VB project with kendo mvc wrappers.
Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 10:00 AM
Hello again Alan,

This is indeed eerie and unfortunately I am not able to determine the cause of the abnormality. I noticed that you use VB.NET as programming language, but this should not make a difference.

Since we'll be releasing our Q3 Beta today which will include Kendo.Mvc assembly built against ASP.NET MVC 5 and VS 2013, can you test it to compare the results? If the issue is no longer present, note that the official Q3 release is slated for the second half of November.

Regards,
Sebastian
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 10:04 AM
Ill do that, you say today, is it downloadable now?
thanks
Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 11:25 AM
Solved, I had a dll, in the solution that referenced MVC4, I updated it to MVC5 and its all working fine now.
Thanks
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alan Mosley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Alan Mosley
Top achievements