This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error in Demo

5 Answers 40 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stuart Hemming asked on 23 Aug 2010, 10:25 PM
Not an error in the sense that it breaks, more in that it doesn't work as you'd expect.

Go to the load on demand demo and hover over an item (Mmmm, Teatime Chocolate Biscuits...). Click on the combobox. You'll notice that items 4 and 5 are outside of the boundary of the tooltip itself. Click on one of these 2 items and the tooltip immediately closes without giving you the opportunity to click on the "order" button.

-- 
Stuart

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Aug 2010, 03:09 PM
Yes? No?

-- 
Stuart
Accepted
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2010, 07:34 AM
Hello Stuart,

I was able to reproduce the reported behavior. I have logged it in our PITS and we will do our best to change the demo for the next release of the controls.

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

Best wishes,
Fiko
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Aug 2010, 01:53 PM
Fiko,

Could you post a link to the PITS entry please?

-- 
Stuart
Accepted
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2010, 09:14 AM
Hello Stuart,

I examined the demo and the scenario you report. The behavior you describe is the expected one in this configuration and it comes from the fact that the dropdown is absolutely positioned and the last two items are outside the boundaries of the tooltip. That is why when you click on those items, the tooltip "understands" that there was a click outside it and this triggers it to close.

There are a few manners to resolve this and the easiest one is to simply make the dropdown smaller by setting its Height property to a proper value, e.g 80px and this is the way we will modify the demo on our side. Another solution is to use HideEvent="FromCode" or to check the mouse position in the OnClientBeforeHide and cancel the hide if the mouse is over the dropdown. However, since the purpose of the demo is to show LoadOnDemand functionality we prefer to have it as straightforward as possible and not to include such custom code there, furthermore none has complained about this so far. Thus, we will fix the demo by setting height to the dropdown, in case you want to implement one of the other manners and you encounter a problem, contact us again and we will do our best to help.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we highly appreciate it!

Best wishes,
Svetlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Aug 2010, 09:18 AM
Svetlina,

Thanks for the update.

I was simply trying to point out the functionality of the demo was flawed; not that the control was broken.

You've fixed that my shortening the dropdown, so my work here is done! :-)

-- 
Stuart
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2