Error after installing RadEditor 5.3.1

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Peter Livsey
    Peter Livsey avatar
    44 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2012

    Posted 16 Feb 2009 Link to this post

    We have just upgraded the version of the RadEditor from 4.5.2 to 5.3.1 on our Sharepoint servers and are now getting an error when going into a shaprepoint page to edit text.

    We have a content field set up in out sites that is based on the Publishing HTML field type that is defined in the page layout as:

     

    <radE:RadHtmlField id="Content" FieldName="LGR_x0020_Page_x0020_Content" runat="server" displaywidth="480px" ToolsFile="~/_controltemplates/DCCCustomControls/TelerikConfig/LGR2_ToolsFile.xml" ConfigFile="~/_controltemplates/DCCCustomControls/TelerikConfig/LGR2_ConfigFile.xml"></radE:RadHtmlField>

     

    When the page is viewed in diaplay mode it is fine, however when the site editor goes into edit the page the content field is not displayed and the error given is:
    Failed to render "LGR Page Content" column because of an error in the "Publishing HTML" field type control. See details in log. Exception message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation..

    The content fields worked correctly in edit mode before the update.  I've also noticed that on a page where there is more than one <radE:RadHtmlField..... > control that the second editor displays correctly when in edit mode, but the first does not.

    Do you have any suggestions as to how we can solve this problem?
    Thanks
    Peter

  2. Stanimir
    Admin
    Stanimir avatar
    1653 posts

    Posted 18 Feb 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Peter Livsey,

    Could you please make sure that you correctly extended your MOSS site with Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX.
    You can get more information on the matter from the following help articles.
    1. Extending your MOSS site with Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 for .NET 2.0
    2. Extending your MOSS site with Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 3.5 for .NET 3.5

    In addition to the second article add the following code to the web.config <runtime><assemblyBinding> section.
    <dependentAssembly> 
      <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
      <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/> 
    </dependentAssembly> 
    <dependentAssembly> 
      <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/> 
      <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/> 
    </dependentAssembly> 

    I hope this helps.

    Greetings,
    Stanimir
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.

  3. Peter Livsey
    Peter Livsey avatar
    44 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2012

    Posted 02 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but before your reply I was able to resolve the problem.

    In the Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\<application>\App_GlobalResources folder there were a number of references to .resx files used by RadEditor (RadEditor.Dialogs.resx, RadEditor.Main.resx etc).  I removed these files from this folder and the edit functionality started working correctly.

    Thanks for the reply though as we are just about to install Ajax 3.5 on our servers so we'll have to make sure we check the web.config is updated correctly.

    Peter
Back to Top