This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Enter Key Issue With RadButton in Telerik Version "UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2014"

1 Answer 93 Views
Button
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Riz asked on 22 Sep 2014, 12:12 PM
Hello Telerik Team,

we have used the UI for ASP.NET AJAX Telerik toolkit in our application. Recently we have upgraded the Telerik version from older version “2012.2.724.35” to the new version “2014.1.403.45”. After upgrading the Telerik version we are facing some functionality issues. We need your help on identifying the fix for following mentioned issue. 

Following is the issue which we are facing after upgrading Telerik Version to“2014.1.403.45” i.e UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2014 

Issue: This issue is related to RadButton. Generally, after filling all the textbox fields most of the users uses tab key to set focus on “Save” button and then they Hit Enter button to save Record. With Previous telerik version “2012.2.724.35”, when we use tab key to set focus on “Save” Button and then hit Enter Key then server side function of “Save” button was getting called properly but with the latest Telerik version “2014.1.403.45” i.e. 2014 Q1 for ASP.net Ajax, if we do same steps i.e. we use tab key to set focus on Save Button and then hit Enter Key then Server side function of “Save” button gets called Twice. Instead of tab if we use mouse to click “Save” button then everything works perfectly. May be with version “2014.1.403.45” i.e Q1 2014 there is an issue with tab and Enter key.

FYI: All the form input controls and “Save” button are present inside ASP:Panel control and we haven’t set “DefaultButton” property of Panel control.

Please can any one help us to identify the fix for this problem.

Thanks,
Riz

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2014, 11:32 AM
Hi Riz,

It is quite strange that the handler of the server-side Click event of RadButton is raised twice. Could you please send the configuration of the RadButton control on your end and if possible isolate it in a runnable sample so that I can inspect it locally?

Regards,
Slav
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Button
Asked by
Riz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Slav
Telerik team
Share this question
or