This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Elements fail to render in VS2010

2 Answers 45 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
TheLostLeaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
TheLostLeaf asked on 25 May 2011, 09:24 PM
Hi,

Most of my Telerik Silverlight controls fail to render in VS2010, any ideas? When I build the app runs fine without errors but all my pages are broke in the VS designer view.

Thanks
Eric -
see screenshot for error details.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Eric,

Sorry for the trouble indeed!
This error could be related to missing the RadControls for Silverlight designer assemblies.
Can you check the location of the Telerik assembly references in your project, navigate to that folder via Windows Explorer and check if there is a design subfolder there?
Are there any assemblies there?
Can you make a list of the assemblies in that folder and send them to us? (this can easily be done through the command prompt by navigating to the design folder and typing dir /s > FileList.txt)

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
TheLostLeaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 May 2011, 08:56 PM

Hi, Thanks for the quick response. All files were in the right places, I removed all references and then added them back in and everything works proper now. Actually I was on Q3 2010 Silverlight, I removed those and added reference to Q1 2011. I must have had some conflict or not all references included.

Thanks !

- Eric

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
TheLostLeaf
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
TheLostLeaf