This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Element Maintenance in TS 2016.2

4 Answers 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chandresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chandresh asked on 31 Aug 2016, 10:55 AM

Hi,

I am using Test Studio since few months now and I have around 1100 elements distributed among several pages named being TestPage0, TestPage1, TestPage2 and so on. It was quite a difficult to maintain all these elements. So what I did is I changed the Compare Mode to BaseURL as that remains common for all of my pages and merged all the elements to a single page from Element Explorer and saved all the WebTests. Now when I try to run any of my tests it doesn't run. Test Studio is not even opening up the Test Runner. It just flickers when I click on Execute and nothing happens after that.

Is there something else I should be doing before running my test? Can anyone help on this?

Thanks,

Chandresh Parmar

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2016, 09:19 AM
Hi Chandresh,

Thank you for choosing Telerik Test Studio. 

Basically your approach is correct and I suspect there are only some compilation errors occurred after you merged your elements. All these you could double check in the Output pane which is available in Test Studio since its first release 2016.R1 this year. If you haven't upgraded I would recommend you to do so since there are lots of improvements and bug fixes in each new release. Otherwise such compilation errors will be available in your application log. 

Additionally I would like to share an article with you which might be of great help for you - it describes the usage of BaseURL across a project. 

Please let me know if further assistance would be required. 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Chandresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2016, 10:41 AM

Hi Elena.

Thanks for your reply. It was the compilation error which was causing tests not to run. I have corrected them and they are working fine now.

Thanks,

Chandresh Parmar

Chandresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Sep 2016, 10:42 AM

Hi Elena,

Thanks for you reply. Compilation error was causing those tests not to run. I have corrected them and they are working fine now.

Thanks,

Chandresh Parmar

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2016, 08:12 AM
Hi Chandresh,

Great news to hear! Wish you happy testing! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chandresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by