This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Editor for Winform

8 Answers 224 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mandar asked on 29 Apr 2007, 07:44 AM
Hi
Are there any plans to have html editor control for winforms in near future?

Thanks
Mandar

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2007, 07:54 AM
There is additional information on this topic (Html Editor for Winforms) and telerik plans about this product in the following forum thread:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-gkkhh.aspx
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Kevin,
We are still considering how and whether to approach the rich text editor (or html editor) request. We are still not convinced that now is the time to undertake a major effort like developing an editor component. Anyway such a component will not be available in the near future as a part of RadControls for WinForms suite. Please share your comments and requests on this topic.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Emrah Yigit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2007, 04:03 PM
You can use a WebBrowser in design mode.
Add MSHTML COM component and use IHTMLDocument2 Interface...
You can add picture, movie or any thing else and you can easily transform from design and view modes.

Ali Iybar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2007, 11:42 AM
I need a winform component for html editing too. it make my programming life much more easier. I search over the internet and found some. They are not good enough. inserting table is the most important part but they cannot do that. I download and tried at least ten of that controls. I wish telerik has one.
it will be very nice to handle that problem in telerik way (easy and perfect in design)
it's your desicion anyway but as a telerik fan I strongly advise you to produce one.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2007, 01:56 PM
Thank you for your vote and feedback, Ali Iybar, it has been logged!

Kind regards,
Rob
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Bhaskar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 10:24 AM
Hi 

Is Rad Editor for a WinForms applicaiton avaiable now? We are looking for a (.net)  windows based Editor due to performance issues with the web editor.

Regards,
Kishore
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 12:16 PM
Hello Bhaskar,

We do not offer such control yet. For a list of available controls, please visit this page: What’s included in RadControls for WinForms distribution.

Best wishes,
Vassil
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2011, 04:04 PM
Hello guys,

Have you heard the good news? Two weeks ago we released RadControls for WinForms Q2 2011 and there we introduced the first (Beta) version of RadRichTextBox for WinForms. Feel free to download the latest version and give the new components a try. We will be happy to hear your feedback.

Best wishes,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mandar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team