This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DropDownList AutoComplete Issue in some IE versions

1 Answer 147 Views
DropDownList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumar asked on 17 Sep 2014, 08:25 AM
Hello Folks,

I am facing this problem from Yesterday. I request one and all to help me out ASAP if you have the solution.

We  are working with an application in ASP.NET Framework [ 2.0] and using Telerik [2009.1.527.35] version. We got a problem with DropDownList not working properly in some IE versions after windows update done last night.

Even though the matching data is received after you type the first letter in the dropdown field the auto-complete dropdown just goes blank after you enter the second matching letter.  

For example
When you move into a dropdown field and type the first letter, it correctly starts the matching process.  However, as soon as you type a second letter, the text that you are typing disappears. When you move your mouse cursor near to dropdown field then the selected item appears. This strange behavior we came across yesterday and only in few browsers with different version numbers. Such as in IE11 (KB2976627) version the dropdowns are working fine but when we checked with IE11 (RTM) version we had an issue.

PS: I have attached the screenshots

Thanks in advance

Kumar G

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2014, 03:31 PM
Hello Kumar G,

You may check if you are experiencing the same issue with the latest release of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX. You may download a trial version for testing purposes.

Unfortunately, such issues may be expected with latest browser versions and controls versions that have been released before those browsers have been created.

And last, but not least, you said that the updated IE11 version (KB2976627) works correctly and the issue is present in the previous IE11 (RTM) version. So the IE update actually resolved the issue and not caused it. Is that correct?

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
DropDownList
Asked by
Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or