This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drop Down List Not Selecting

1 Answer 185 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Maxwell
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maxwell asked on 05 Dec 2016, 07:14 PM
Here's the situation:

I am testing a form using Telerik Test Studio.

There are 3 drop downs (State, City, Building) and what you choose on the previous box decides what is in the next box. Before you choose what is in the drop down box number one, two and three are empty (no choices). When you choose a State, it gives you options for cities, then once you choose a city, the building drop down gets populated with options.

The problem is, when I am testing this with the drop downs, it chooses the state correctly, but it, for some reason, doesn't register that there is a state chosen, so the city drop down does not get populated. I slowed the process down while the test is running to try and see if it was something simple, but I saw myself that it DOES choose a state, so I tried to manually choose the city but there was nothing to populate the drop down options. But, if I choose the state myself, then the cities populate.

Thank you for your help.

M

Here's the situation:

There are 3 drop downs (State, City, Building) and what you choose on the previous box decides what is in the next box. Before you choose what is in the drop down box number one, two and three are empty (no choices). When you choose a State, it gives you options for cities, then once you choose a city, the building drop down gets populated with options.

The problem is, when I am testing this with the drop downs, it chooses the state correctly, but it, for some reason, doesn't register that there is a state chosen, so the city drop down does not get populated. I slowed the process down while the test is running to try and see if it was something simple, but I saw myself that it DOES choose a state, so I tried to manually choose the city but there was nothing to populate the drop down options. But, if I choose the state myself, then the cities populate.

Thank you for your help.

M

Here's the situation:

Thank you for your help.

M

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2016, 01:41 PM
Hi Maxwell,

What version Test Studio do you use? 

The issue indicates that some jQuery events are not triggered behind the drop down and that is why the second drop down is not populated.

We have introduced a lot of improvements in our latest version of Test Studio. You could try your scenario with that version.

Another thing to check is whether the InvokeSelectionChange property is checked (see the attached screen shot).

Also if your drop downs use Ajax please set it in the properties to let's say 5000 (see the attached screen shot).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Maxwell
Top achievements
Rank 1