This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and Drop support

9 Answers 127 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tomas asked on 10 Feb 2011, 04:33 PM
Does AsyncUpload support files drag and drop?(HTML5 feature) Is it possible to implement it by ourself?

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2011, 04:02 PM
Can I get reply to my question from Telerik support staff? I am potential customer and would like to get answer to my question to make decision. 
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:00 PM
Hello Tomas,

RadAsyncUpload currently do not support drag and drop. We are planning to add this feature in the near future, most probably for Q1 Service Pack 1.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:00 PM
Hello Tomas,

RadAsyncUpload currently do not support drag and drop. We are planning to add this feature in the near future, most probably for Q1 Service Pack 1.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:09 PM
When you are planing to release Q1 Service Pack 1? 
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:12 PM
Hello Tomas,

We cannot tell exact date, but the service pack is expected around the end of April.

Kind regards,
Yana
the Telerik team
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:15 PM
Where I can find order web page for AsyncUpload? Can I purchase this control separately from RadControls bundle?
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2011, 12:49 PM

RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX can be purchased only as a suite.

Regards,
Yana
the Telerik team
Dino
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2012, 06:08 PM
Will drag and drop work on IE?  If so, what versions?
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 10:26 AM
Hi, Dino.

As soon as there is an IE browser that supports the Standard Drag and Drop API, as well as the related File API, the Upload's Drag and Drop functionality will work on IE.

So far, IE10 developer preview seems to be capable of doing so. However, there is a bug (explanation and hotfix link) in the .NET framework that fails the entire application in IE 10.

And even though I am tempted to say that DnD will work in IE10, we must wait for at least an RC to test if everything works fine.

Kind regards,
Ivan Zhekov
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team