This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and Drop from GridView to TreeView

2 Answers 120 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff Bradshaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff Bradshaw asked on 28 Oct 2010, 08:36 PM
I need to be able to drag a row from a gridview over onto a tree view. I see an example but it's pretty old. I was wondering if there are any newer examples or better ways of doing it?

TIA - Jeff.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2010, 09:09 AM
Hello Jeff,

This would be a complex task to achieve, and there are a lot of factors to take into consideration, like:
- Are the datasources for the grid and the tree of the same type and / hold the same amount of data (if not you will not be able to have a bidirectional drag / drop operation).
- Are visual elements important while dragging? (does the user need to see a snapshot of the dragged rows moving with the mouse while he drags?, and the same for the tree)

Basically this is all i could think of now that would be difficult to achieve, other than that it should be a very straightforward operation (the second question is the tricky part).

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions or comments, please let me know,

Best Regards,
Emanuel Varga
Svett
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Jeff,

Presently, if you want to implement drag-n-drop between the RadGridView and the RadTreeView, you should use the Microsoft OLE Drag-n-Drop functionality. You can read more about that in this MSDN article

Kind regards,
Svett
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Treeview
Asked by
Jeff Bradshaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svett
Telerik team