This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drag and Drop bug - Exists since atleats 2012.1.515

3 Answers 59 Views
Drag and Drop
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kyle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kyle asked on 11 Jun 2012, 01:21 PM
I have two JS fiddles:

http://jsfiddle.net/fL28r/1/   - Using 2011.3.1129
http://jsfiddle.net/fL28r/2/   - Using 2012.1.515

First Fiddle:
If you try to drag and drop from the Grid to the treeView, you will see that the cursor offset looks valid and the row is not below the cursor.

Second Fiddle:
If you try to drag and drop from the GridView to the treeView, you will see that the hint gets displayed UNDERNEATH the cursor. This is causing me problems as it seems to think that the dropTarget is the hint object instead of a treeNode.

I have also tried this in the latest commercial build (v2012.1.601 [using my commercial account]) and am able to reproduce the issue. Would I be able to get help in resolving this issue?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2013, 08:57 AM
I have the same problem using the last version of Kendo: when dragging a row of a grid, the hint is not near the mouse cursor, but it's always at the beginning of the row. When you drop it, the drop area that receives the event is the one where the mouse cursor is, not where the hint is, and this can cause confusion to the user.
Please provide a solution or a workaround to this annoying problem.
Thank you,
Stefano
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2013, 01:10 PM
Hello Stefano,

I believe that you are looking for cursorOffset property which allows the developer to specify the offset of the hint relative to the mouse cursor/finger.

In case I misunderstood your question, could you please provide a small jsBin sample which shows your exact scenario? In this way I would be able to examine your case in details and assist you further.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alexander Valchev
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jun 2013, 09:05 AM
Yes, that was easy and solved my issue. I didn't try it before because I thought that an offset of (0, 0) was the default, but apparently I was wrong.
Thank you,
Stefano Tassara
Tags
Drag and Drop
Asked by
Kyle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefano
Top achievements
Rank 1