This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Does Fiddler run on Windows 2003 Server?

3 Answers 221 Views
Windows
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Roice
Top achievements
Rank 1
Roice asked on 09 Oct 2015, 12:14 AM

I tried to run Fiddler on Windows Server 2003, and it just will not load.

Does it run or do we need to load anything else on our Windows 2003 R2 x64 server?

It is loading fine on Windows 2008 R2 X64, but not Windows 2003.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2015, 07:58 PM
Hi, Roice--

Can you please be more specific about what exactly happens? What version of Fiddler did you try and what version of the Microsoft .NET Framework do you have installed?

Fiddler should still work just fine on a Windows Server 2003 PC so long as .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 or later is installed.

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Roice
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2015, 08:41 PM

When I try to run the "fiddler4setup.exe", nothing happens.  It will not even load the "Run As", Open or just Double-click.

All Dot net frameworks are loaded on the servers and I tried both the setups for fiddler and nothing happens.

We have .NET Framework version 2 SP2, 3  SP2, 3.5 SP1 and 4....

Thanks...

Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2015, 08:38 PM
Hello, Roice--

The behavior described suggests that perhaps the downloaded installer is corrupt. Can you try downloading from here and see if that helps? If not, right-click the file and choose the Properties command. Is there a Digital Signatures tab? If so, does it show the signature as valid? 

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Windows
Asked by
Roice
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
Roice
Top achievements
Rank 1