Hello A B,
The requested functionality is not supported by the FileBrowser dialogs of RadEditor for SharePoint out-of-the box.
If you would like you can implement it yourself by modifying the FileBrowser dialog of RadEditor as shown in this forum thread: Custom Upload File Fields
Since it is not possible to execute codebehind code in SharePoint you will need to build an user control in a DLL and register it in the GAC in a similar way as it is shown in this video: http://screencast.com/t/AjxepjXi
. It demonstrates how to add custom columns to the Grid control in the FileBrowser dialogs by registering a DLL in the GAC:
Here are the steps to proceed:
1. Create a web application containing the UserControl.ascx
2. Copy the server code that adds new columns to the Grid control in the codebehind and build the application.
3. Register the produced web application assembly file in the GAG (in our case its name is DateTimeColumn.dll
4. After that copy the FileBrowser.ascx file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\184.108.40.206__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\EditorDialogs
5. Open the FileBrowser.ascx file and register the DateTimeColumn control in it:
<%@ Register Assembly="DateTimeColumn, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=232e4f3070fbebe9" Namespace="DateTimeColumn" TagPrefix="custom" %>
<custom:UserControl id="DateTime" runat="server"></custom:UserControl>
6. Add a Safe control for the new control in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\web.config
<SafeControl Assembly="DateTimeColumn, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=232e4f3070fbebe9" Namespace="DateTimeColumn" TypeName="*" Safe="True" SafeAgainstScript="False" />
Here are the files:
Once the category and country fields in the Upload dialog are added, it is up to Developer to customize the FileBrowserContent provider of the FileExplorer control to save these data to the SharePoint database and read them after that. We do not support this implementation as it is not part of the advertised RadEditor for SharePoint functionality.
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed