This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Display tooltip for multiple charts simultaneously

2 Answers 108 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gerard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gerard asked on 29 Mar 2016, 03:01 PM

Hi,

I am displaying multiple serie charts on a single page which all have the same categoryAxis. What I would like to do is display the tooltip in floating panel and crosshair for every chart when hovering over a single one.

I've synchronized TrackBall in every graphic, I've proved with TrackInfoUpdated event, but I've only get the information from one single graphic, not from all of them. Can I get the information from all set of points in this event? there are any other ideas to attach every point from different graphics?

Thanks,
Gerard

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2016, 03:55 PM
Hi Gerard,

I can suggest you a possible approach which you can use to achieve your requirement.
  • You can declare a collection of DataPointInfo objects which will hold the information about the track ball data points of all charts. 
  • When the TrackInfoUpdated event is called you can populate the collection with the data point infos. You can get them from the Context.DataPointInfos collection of the event arguments. This can be done in the event handler of each chart. This way you will ensure that the information about all charts is in your collection.
  • Then you can create a tooltip or a window control (the float panel) and populate it with the data point infos collection that contains the information about all charts.

You can find this approach in the attached project. Please give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Dinko
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Gerard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2016, 08:04 AM
[quote]Dinko said:Hi Gerard,

I can suggest you a possible approach which you can use to achieve your requirement.
  • You can declare a collection of DataPointInfo objects which will hold the information about the track ball data points of all charts. 
  • When the TrackInfoUpdated event is called you can populate the collection with the data point infos. You can get them from the Context.DataPointInfos collection of the event arguments. This can be done in the event handler of each chart. This way you will ensure that the information about all charts is in your collection.
  • Then you can create a tooltip or a window control (the float panel) and populate it with the data point infos collection that contains the information about all charts.

You can find this approach in the attached project. Please give it a try and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Dinko
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.

[/quote]

Dinko Hi ,

thank you very much for your time, worked perfectly .

Greetings and thanks.

Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Gerard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
Gerard
Top achievements