I'm having a display issue when using a RadSplitButtonElement in a RadRibbonBar. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something simple and somebody can help me. Here is a walkthrough to reproduce the issue:
- Create a new Windows application
- Drop a RadRibbonBar onto the form
- Click "Add New Tab" and name it "Test"
- Click "Add New Chunk..." under Test
- Right click the New Chunk and click "Add an item" > "Horizontal Button Group"
- Right click the space inside the new group and click "Add an item" > "RadSplitButtonElement"
- Select the new "RadSplitButtonElement1" and from the Properties window, click the ellipsis button for the Image property.
- Pick a 32x32 bitmap. For example, Common7\VS2008ImageLibrary\1033\Objects\png_format\WinVista\Annotation_New.png that comes with Visual Studio 2008
- Change the TextImageRelation property to "ImageAboveText"
You can now see the button in the ribbon. The image is there, but the text has disappeared - it is (I assume) beneath the image, but the button has sized itself to the height of the image alone (rather than the image height plus the text height), so the text cannot be seen.
When I change the image to a 16x16 image (for example, Common7\VS2008ImageLibrary\1033\Objects\24bit_bitmaps\camera.bmp), the top of the text can now be seen but it still appears to be cropped as if the button is being resized based on the height of the image alone.
I put the RadSplitButtonElement into a RadRibbonBarButtonGroup because I couldn't find a way for the UI to offer me the option of adding a RadSplitButtonElement except for into a RadRibbonBarButtonGroup.
Is there a bug at work here or (more probably) am I doing something wrong?
OS: Windows Vista SP1
.NET Version: 3.5
Telerik Libraries Referenced: