This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Different required DLL between 2017 R1 and 2017 R2

2 Answers 36 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien asked on 19 May 2017, 02:25 PM

Hi,

I use the Calendar and ListView components in my project.

When I update Telerik Xamarin from version 2017 R1 to 2017 R2, I am forced to add extra dlls for the Android project, iOS and PCL projects so they build.

The DLLs I need to add are:

• SkiaSharp.dll
  • Telerik.XamarinForms.Primitives.dll
  • Telerik.XamarinForms.SkiaSharp.dll

I do not have to add them in the 2017 R1 version of Telerik, and I would avoid doing it because its actually greatly enlarging the size of the distribution package.

Is this a bug ? Or are DLLs now prerequisites for any component Telerik ?

Thank you !

Best Regards

Julien.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2017, 07:07 PM
Hello Julien,

The SkiaSharp dependencies were introduced when the RadGauge was added to the components (see more about that here). If you're not using the Gauge, then you don't need the SkiaSharp libraries.

As of R2 2017 release, we introduced new separate NuGet packages so you can keep your project size as small as possible. See here and here for more useful improvements in the R2 release (for example you no longer need to declare the renderers or call TelerikForms.Init() in each platform project).

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2017, 07:27 PM
Hi Julien,

Just a quick follow up in case you've never used NuGet to install UI for Xamarin before. Go to this page in the documentation and you'll see two sets of instructions, one for Visual Studio and one for Xamarin Studio.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Share this question
or