This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Different position reported with DragAndDrop with Internal Release 2009_3_1419_Dev

1 Answer 48 Views
DragAndDrop
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Todd Greve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Todd Greve asked on 21 Feb 2010, 05:20 AM
We have been displaying a popup which shows various images over our canvas under certain conditions for a while. The users are able to click on any of the images on the popup and drag them onto the canvas. We have been using the DragAndDrop control to show the image being moved onto the canvas using an arrow cue.

This has been working fine showing the arrow going from the image, moving with the mouse. We upgraded to the new Silverlight controls at the start of the year and all working fine. Due to an unrelated bug fix in the Telerik internal release (2009_3_1419) I installed this version. Now rather than the arrow cue starting from the popup where the mouse was clicked, it is starting from the top left corner of the canvas. It believe that the cue is reporting the position relative to the popup window now rather from the top left of the canvas (in both CurrentDragPoint and MouseClickPoint), and yet the cue is being drawn relative to the canvas. I copied the dll's from the start of the year back in and things worked again after cleaning the project again.

Anyone have any ideas what has changed in the DragAndDrop control, and how to get it working like it was previously? Any suggestions? I see nothing in the release notes which are relevant.

Thanks all
Todd

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2010, 08:39 PM
Hello Todd Greve,

Thank you for reporting this issue!

I identified a change that was made on 04.Feb which was meant to fix positioning when the browser is zoomed.

Certainly for us it is more important not to introduce any regressions so we will revert back to how the drag points were calculated before the change or we will find a way to achieve accurate positioning in both cases.

With the next Internal Build and the coming release the DragDrop should behave as before.

Your Telerik Points have been updated for your feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
DragAndDrop
Asked by
Todd Greve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav
Telerik team
Share this question
or