Difference in rendering ImageButton display between 2012 Q2 & 2013 Q1

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Shantimohan
    Shantimohan avatar
    42 posts

Posted 04 Apr 2013 Link to this post

For setting Height & Width to 74, the rendering of the image button display is different. In the attached picture, the left side one is using the 2013.1.219.2040 version and the right side is using the 2012.2.713.2040 version. In the latest version, the image sizes were so reduced.

Unfortunately, when I used the image buttons within a RadListBoxItem's DataTemplate, height and width = 50, the sizes were magnified, showing only a quarter of the button.

Because of this, I will have to tweak properties of all the buttons, wasting time. Is there any attribute that I can use to get the old rendering?

Is this an issue with Image Buttons only or other controls, like chart etc., also have similar one?

I use these controls in many places. It will be an headache if I have to tweak so much.

2. Todor
    Todor avatar
    775 posts

Posted 09 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hello Shantimohan,

Thank you for writing.

We are aware of this difference. It is caused by the fact that there was a demand that the ImageButton should have a margin similar to the native Button, something we skipped in the original version. This is why we added such a Margin and this change was made only for this control. You can easily return to the previous look by adding a negative margin of -12 to each instance of the control. This can be done easily for all image buttons in your application by adding a Style to the application's resources in App.xaml:
        <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:RadImageButton">
            <Setter Property="Margin" Value="-12"/>
    Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    the Telerik team
    Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Movie
    Movie avatar
    1 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2013 Link to this post