Did the new release break ShowOnFocus?

5 posts, 1 answers
  1. -DJ-
    -DJ- avatar
    263 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 08 Apr 2011 Link to this post

    Hi guys,

    I just noticed that ShowOnFocus doesn't work properly in my solution anymore.
    This seems to have happened after I update to Q1 2011.

    When the editor gets focus, it displays an empty toolbar.

    As soon as I remove the ShowOnFocus attribute the toolbar works as expected.

    So far I've tested this in Chrome and FF, looks the same in both browsers.

    I checked the demos and I see nothing has broken there, so it must be something else.
    I still have no idea what it might be though.

  2. Rumen
    Rumen avatar
    12782 posts

    Posted 11 Apr 2011 Link to this post

    Hello -DJ-,

    If the editor is working properly in the live demos, then the problem is due to something in your project or some RadEditor's property. Could you please try to isolate it in a sample working project and send it for examination via a support ticket? We will examine it and provide a solution after replicating the issue.

    You can also test with other ToolbarModes and by removing the RadEditor's properties one by one and see whether the problem still persists.

    Best wishes,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. -DJ-
    -DJ- avatar
    263 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 03 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Rumen,

    Thanks for your help.

    The problem only exists when toolbar mode is set to showonfocus. It doesn't matter if I run a stripped editor with no properties set other than of course the runat="server" one.

    This problem only exists in this project.

    I was quite close to isolating the problem, I know it must be some javascript conflict and related to my master page. But even when removing "suspicious" javascript code from the master I still had no luck.

    By using Firebug I was able to find a javascript error thrown at the onfocus event of the editor.
    I can't say it helps me much, but maybe it makes sense to you:

    Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer. Parameter name: width Actual value was NaN.
    [Break On This Error] {name: "width", type: Number, integer: true}
    Script...d88e919 (line 2830)

    If I take a look at that resource, it says:
    Sys.UI.Bounds = function Sys$UI$Bounds(x, y, width, height) {
    2817 /// <summary locid="M:J#Sys.UI.Bounds.#ctor" />
    2818 /// <param name="x" type="Number" integer="true"></param>
    2819 /// <param name="y" type="Number" integer="true"></param>
    2820 /// <param name="height" type="Number" integer="true"></param>
    2821 /// <param name="width" type="Number" integer="true"></param>
    2822 /// <field name="x" type="Number" integer="true" locid="F:J#Sys.UI.Bounds.x"></field>
    2823 /// <field name="y" type="Number" integer="true" locid="F:J#Sys.UI.Bounds.y"></field>
    2824 /// <field name="height" type="Number" integer="true" locid="F:J#Sys.UI.Bounds.height"></field>
    2825 /// <field name="width" type="Number" integer="true" locid="F:J#Sys.UI.Bounds.width"></field>
    2826 var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [
    2827 {name: "x", type: Number, integer: true},
    2828 {name: "y", type: Number, integer: true},
    2829 {name: "height", type: Number, integer: true},
    2830 {name: "width", type: Number, integer: true}
    2831 ]);
    2832 if (e) throw e;
    2833 this.x = x;
    2834 this.y = y;
    2835 this.height = height;
    2836 this.width = width;

    If you can get anything useful from this error, any help would be appreciated, I'll continue trying to fix this at my end and will post an update if I manage to.


  5. Answer
    Svetlina Anati
    Svetlina Anati avatar
    2795 posts

    Posted 05 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi -DJ-,

     We have actually found a similar problem some time ago and it is already fixed. The fix was done on 3/16/2011 and it is available in every later internal build. Please, upgrade to the latest internal build and let us know how it goes.

    If you do not want to upgrade for the time being, try replacing the standard asp ScriptManager to RadScriptManager or set debug="false" in the Web.config.

    Please, let me know whether the above suggestions work for you and accept our sincere apologies for the caused inconvenience.

    Kind regards,
    the Telerik team

    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

  6. -DJ-
    -DJ- avatar
    263 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 05 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Svetlina,

    I upgraded from Q1 2011 to the most recent version and it did indeed fix my problem.

    Thank you for your help.

Back to Top
DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner