This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Device Fails to Connect on Port ####

3 Answers 102 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chad asked on 07 Dec 2016, 11:19 PM
Trying to connect Samsung S5 device to Test Studio.  In my settings lie the Message Server Ip which is configured to "localhost" and the Message server port which is configured to "8084".

I click "Connect Device" to connect the device and the system reads my phone information via USB with the Port set to 8082, but I'm getting "device failed to connect on port 8082!"  I've tried every possible port, same result.  Out of ideas.  Helpppp

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2016, 03:42 PM
Hello Chad,

Thank you for your interest in Telerik Test Studio Mobile. 

As far as I understand you would like to connect the device via USB. To ensure the device is visible from the computer please navigate in Windows File Explorer to the following folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin\MobileStudio\AndroidAdb' and start a command prompt from there. Run the following command 'adb devices' and a list of all attached devices will be displayed (please refer to the attached screenshot). 

If the device is not listed there please double check if you have enabled the development mode on it. And especially for Samsung devices you might need to install the USB drivers properly. The drivers could be downloaded here

Please keep me updated on the progress. Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Chad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Dec 2016, 10:22 PM
Hello Elena,

Thanks for the response. 
I tried your recommended steps below but still no success.  The phone is being read as confirmed in the command prompt.
Device even shows as connected in the Mobile Test App, but when I go to connect to a port it gives me "device failed to connect on port "8082"
Elena
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2016, 11:50 AM
Hi Chad,

I am sorry to hear you are still facing the same issue. Please let me know what kind of application are you trying to record test against - a native one or a web application on your mobile device? Please double check that you have to connect the device in different way for each of these approaches. 

Please take your time to review the above shared articles and let me know further details in case none of them is helpful to you. Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Chad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by