This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Definition of a "user"

3 Answers 59 Views
General discussion
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
daniel.becroft
Top achievements
Rank 1
daniel.becroft asked on 08 Aug 2016, 01:03 AM
We are currently trialling the Telerik Analytics product for use with a .NET application.
However, we are unclear on the definition of a "user" (ie "New Users", "Total Users", etc on the dashboard).
Is this based on the InstallationID passed to the monitor, or some other piece of information? We are setting our InstallationID value to the Tenant value (only 5 in our example setup), but we are getting figures of 300+ "total users", so that can't be quite right.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2016, 10:41 AM
Hi Daniel,

I have posted a reply in the other thread you opened - http://www.telerik.com/forums/definition-of-a-user.

Regards,
Hristo
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Linda
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2017, 08:11 AM

I just face the same problems about user. There is error. I'm setting our Installation ID value to the Tenant value (10  in myexample setup), but i'm getting figures of 700+ "total users", so that can't be quite right.

sewa apartemen thamrin residence

Vasko
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2017, 09:25 AM
Hello,

You can check how do we track the unique users here - http://docs.telerik.com/platform/analytics/getting-started/analytics-concepts. We are not counting the distinct InstallationIDs, but the distinct AnonymousIds.

Regards,
Vasko
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General discussion
Asked by
daniel.becroft
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Linda
Top achievements
Rank 1