This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Default Theme Font 2010 Q1 SP2 (Segoe vs. MS Sans Serif)

3 Answers 175 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
erwin asked on 10 May 2010, 03:38 PM
Hi,

I notice you have changed the font to Segoe. My user Base is still mainly Windows XP. Is there a safe fallback built in in the Theming Mechanism?
What's the best way to configure MS Sans Serif as the Font throughout if the App is not on Vista/Windows 7, Even if Segoe UI is installed with Office 2007?

Regards
Erwin

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2010, 03:23 PM
Hello erwin,

In order to change the Font of the whole ControlDefault theme, please follow these steps:
1. Open Visual Style Builder and select File >> Export Built-in Themes. This option will export all available predefined themes as theme packages.
2. In Visual Style Builder select File >> Open Package and select ControlDefault.tssp file.
3. In the Repository window, find the repository items related to SegoeUI font set their Font property to Microsoft Sans Serif.
4. Save the package and load it in your project as described here.

Sincerely yours,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Maggie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Aug 2012, 02:17 PM
Is the response in 2010 still valid for 2012?
Boryana
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Maggie,

Thank you for writing.

I confirm that the steps my colleague listed still apply. Let me know if you have further queries.

Greetings,
Boryana
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Maggie