Default Theme Font 2010 Q1 SP2 (Segoe vs. MS Sans Serif)

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. erwin
    erwin avatar
    358 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 Link to this post

Hi,

I notice you have changed the font to Segoe. My user Base is still mainly Windows XP. Is there a safe fallback built in in the Theming Mechanism?
    What's the best way to configure MS Sans Serif as the Font throughout if the App is not on Vista/Windows 7, Even if Segoe UI is installed with Office 2007?

Regards
    Erwin
  2. Nikolay
    Admin
    Nikolay avatar
    1803 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 Link to this post

Hello erwin,

In order to change the Font of the whole ControlDefault theme, please follow these steps:
    1. Open Visual Style Builder and select File >> Export Built-in Themes. This option will export all available predefined themes as theme packages.
    2. In Visual Style Builder select File >> Open Package and select ControlDefault.tssp file.
    3. In the Repository window, find the repository items related to SegoeUI font set their Font property to Microsoft Sans Serif.
    4. Save the package and load it in your project as described here.

Sincerely yours,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. UI for WinForms is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Maggie
    Maggie avatar
    1 posts

Posted 02 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Is the response in 2010 still valid for 2012?
  5. Boryana
    Admin
    Boryana avatar
    330 posts

Posted 03 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for writing.

I confirm that the steps my colleague listed still apply. Let me know if you have further queries.

Greetings,
    Boryana
    the Telerik team
    RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>