This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Default Button ToolTip

4 Answers 87 Views
Button
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
dhuss asked on 19 Nov 2010, 06:48 PM

How do you turn off the default tooltip on the button. It is redundant to have the text="Save" and then when you hover over the button you automatically get a tooltip saying the same thing. I have tried to set the Tooltip="" and that doesn't work. If I set the tooltip text to "Save Record", this shows up when the mouse hovers over the button. Suggestions.

<telerik:RadButton ID="btnSave" runat="server" Text="Save" Width="100px">
</telerik:RadButton>

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi,

I agree that when the ToolTip property is set to an empty string or not set at all, the tooltip should not pop up.
I logged the problem in our PITS system and we will fix it. Here you can find the PITS Issue: Public URL.

You can use the following workaround to temporary solve the problem:

<telerik:RadButton ID="btnSave" runat="server" Text="Save" Width="100px" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad"></telerik:RadButton>
<script type="text/javascript">
    function OnClientLoad(sender) {
        if (sender.get_toolTip() == "") sender.get_element().title = "";
    }
</script>

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2010, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the work-around script. That solves the problem
Mike Curtis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Nov 2010, 07:48 PM
The workaround doesn't seem to work for me when there is a ToolTipManager on the page ... Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello Mike,

The provided solution in my earlier post applies to the browser's tooltip, but not to the RadTooltip control.
Can you please explain in more detail what your scenario exactly is and if possible provide a sample project which demonstrates the problem?

In the meantime, put the RadButton controls after the ToolTipManager and see whether this will fix the problem.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Button
Asked by
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1