This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DateTimePicker: Nullable object must have a value.

8 Answers 391 Views
DatePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1
L uke asked on 08 Jul 2009, 07:56 AM
I create empty project, add line
<telerik:DateTimePicker />

and when user try to change antyhing exception is thrown: Nullable object must have a value.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2009, 08:53 AM
Hi L G,

Sorry for the caused inconvenience. The most probable reason that is causing the problem is that you have a very old version of the RadDatePicker control. So you can download the latest official Q2 2009(2009.1 701) release and give it a try.

Regards,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2009, 10:23 AM
I`ve install version Q2 on Monday, becouse of problems with old version with RadGridView. Unfortunately this haven`t solve issue with DateTimePicker
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2009, 12:34 PM
Hi L G,

Currently we don't have such a control '<telerik:DateTimePicker />' in our WPF bundle. Do you mean  '<telerik:RadDatePicker />' or '<telerik:RadTimePicker />'. Also can you post the definition of the whole page where you are using some of these controls.

Best wishes,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2009, 12:54 PM
I just figured that we have such control in the Scheduler assembly. Please, check the following forum thread for more information:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/wpf/scheduler/datetimepicker-nullable-object-must-have-a-value.aspx

Best wishes,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2009, 07:57 AM
Hm... it seems that this does not solve the problem, becouse the thread you gave explains that this simply is not working...
First of all I need sometimes to have null value for DateTime, and second I need to set time and date for one field. I tried
to do something like this:
<telerik:RadDatePicker SelectedDate="{Binding Path=A, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<telerik:RadTimePicker SelectedTime="{Binding Path=A, Mode=TwoWay}" />
but each RadDatePicker reset time, and other way round. I can`t have null and I can`t set both.
Date and time picker should not be quite complicated controls, is there any chance that this will be
improved soon or maybe some suggestions?
If it is too complicated to correct this becouse of Shedulder control, maybe you should fork
DateTimePicker for separate use?
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2009, 11:47 AM
Hello  Luke,

We will surely be working on addressing this issue in some of the forthcoming service packs. However, we do not encourage this control to be used as a standalone control outside the scheduler as it is not developed to be used in such scenarios. We might even consider developing a RadDateTimePicker control if there is enough demand for such a tool. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you, but unfortunately there is not much we can do at this time to help you resolve the problem. The best suggestion we can make would be using RadDatePicker and RadTimePicker controls separately from each other.

Regards,
Nick
the Telerik team

L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2009, 01:27 PM
As I pointed above it is impossible to use them separately. Nice, thanks. It`s good to pay for NOT doing the job.
Accepted
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Luke,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for disappointing you. It is not that we do not want to do our job, but rather the fact that the control is simply missing and we will have to plan it accordingly for the upcoming releases.We have already started other pretty major initiatives and the results will start appearing with the first revealed bits in a month or two from now. The reported bug will surely be resolved as I said in my previous post. We will, however, need to investigate the source of the problem and implement the best resolution. I therefore said that the bugfix will be available with some of the forthcoming service packs. That all said, we will be definitely working on the matter.

Sincerely yours,
Nick
the Telerik team

Tags
DatePicker
Asked by
L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
L uke
Top achievements
Rank 1