DataSource

Thread is closed for posting
2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    10 posts

Posted 23 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi. I think i may have gone over my head a bit.  I created 10 different charts with your HTML 5 chart telerik controls.  I had created dummy data and basic SQL Stored Procedures without any parameters which needed to be provided into the SP.

Well, now since i am ready, i have to amend the stored procedures so that they will allow date parameters to then filter between the dates passed into the SP.

So here is what i have for all of my charts (or most).
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="ds1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:sqlConnRep %>"
    SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" SelectCommand="MySP_Name" />
    This works well, though I now need to pass in 2 parameters into this stored procedure which are retrieved from the 2 datepicker fields.

I have tried searching for this on your forums and on google, though dont seem to have found what i need. Or what i found just seemed really stupid and complicated.  Therefore, would like to pass it by you before i go ahead and break what i have done :(

if you would be able to provide an example, or a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kyle
  2. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3595 posts

Posted 28 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hello Kyle,

I believe the following search will help you start with adding command parameters to stored procedures: https://www.google.com/search?q=pass+parameters+to+stored+procedure+C#.

Regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017