This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DataSource

1 Answer 37 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kyle
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kyle asked on 23 Aug 2013, 02:12 PM
Hi. I think i may have gone over my head a bit.  I created 10 different charts with your HTML 5 chart telerik controls.  I had created dummy data and basic SQL Stored Procedures without any parameters which needed to be provided into the SP.

Well, now since i am ready, i have to amend the stored procedures so that they will allow date parameters to then filter between the dates passed into the SP.

So here is what i have for all of my charts (or most).
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="ds1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:sqlConnRep %>"
SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" SelectCommand="MySP_Name" />
This works well, though I now need to pass in 2 parameters into this stored procedure which are retrieved from the 2 datepicker fields.

I have tried searching for this on your forums and on google, though dont seem to have found what i need. Or what i found just seemed really stupid and complicated.  Therefore, would like to pass it by you before i go ahead and break what i have done :(

if you would be able to provide an example, or a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kyle

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 28 Aug 2013, 07:03 AM
Hello Kyle,

I believe the following search will help you start with adding command parameters to stored procedures: https://www.google.com/search?q=pass+parameters+to+stored+procedure+C#.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Kyle
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or