This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DataAccess Q2 2015 and Windows XP

7 Answers 95 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 05 Aug 2015, 12:59 PM

Is DataAccess Q2 2015 compatible with Windows XP SP3 32bit? I see it is for Windows Server 2003. Please advise.

The problem I have is I installed the MSI package, ran the SofiaCarRental.Mvp solution, it compiled w/o errors but get error below when running it. All settings to db are correct.

Cannot find resource EntitiesModel.rlinq embedded in assembly SofiaCarRental.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Any help would be very much appreciated.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2015, 03:12 PM

I followed the steps given here http://docs.telerik.com/data-access/developers-guide/code-only-mapping/getting-started/fluent-mapping-integration-enhancer and get:

No metadata has been registered for class 'SofiaCarRental.Model.Car, SofiaCarRental.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Dev/Library/Telerik/2/2/SofiaCarRental.View/bin/SofiaCarRental.Model.DLL.)​

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2015, 01:52 PM

Anyone has an idea what I have to look out for?

I just want to run an existing telerik sample project..

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 10 Aug 2015, 07:47 AM
Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

In general Telerik Data Access is compatible with Windows XP. In this connection, the behaviour you experienced with Q2 2015 is caused by the deprecation of the Visual Studio integration in this version. The installer of Q2 2015 delivers on your side only the Profiler And Tuning Advisor and none of the required tools and assemblies. In order to test the ASP.NET Web Forms MVP sample, I suggest to you the following:

1a. If you have used the Samples Kit browser to run the ASP.NET Web Forms MVP sample, delete the copy of the solution from the 
C:\Users\<your_user>\AppData\Local\Telerik.DataAccess.SamplesKit
folder. The solution is in the SofiaCarRentalMvp_<check_sum> folder.
1b. If you have opened the solution directly from the install folder of Data Access in Program Files, revert all the changes you made in it (the changes that come from this article, and from any other articles).
2. Uninstall Data Access Q2 2015 from the Windows' Control Panel. 
3. Download Data Access Q1 2015 from your Telerik account and install it on your machine.
4. Start the sample from the Samples Kit browser.

Additionally, if you are going to start developing new project with Data Access, I would recommend to you the following resources:
- the Getting Started section in the documentation.
- the Quick Start Scenarios section in the documentation.
- the Code Only Mapping section in the documentation.
- the attached getting started with Data Access pdf document.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2015, 03:50 PM

Before you replied, I'd done what you suggested. I now only have the sample referencing the q1 2015 files but still get error No metadata has been registered...

Please advise.

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Aug 2015, 03:52 PM

Btw, i can only download q2 2015 from inside my account. I used the q1 files that came w/ the sample.

Please advise.

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2015, 02:30 PM
Hi Mike,

You can also reach to the Q1 2015 version of Data Access using the following steps through the menu in your Telerik account. Once you are logged in:
1. Select Products and subscriptions ->Free Products
2. Click Download on Data Access Free Edition, 
3. On the right side click All product versions
4. Select 2015.1.225 from the list,
5. Select Automatic Installation and it download the .msi file on your local machine.

Once you install Data Access Q1 2015 and make sure that:
1. The text representation of the project file contains the following code
<Import Condition="Exists('$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets')"
    Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\OpenAccess.targets" />
instead of this one
<Import Project="OpenAccessNuget.targets" />
2. The following code line is not available:
<EnhancerAssembly>$(SolutionDir)\packages\MyCustomFolder\tools\enhancer\enhancer.exe</EnhancerAssembly>

You should be able to run the sample successfully.

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to get back to us in case of further questions.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2015, 02:39 PM
Many thanks for the assistance. I got it to work in the end. Best.
Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Doroteya
Telerik team