This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Data Binding

3 Answers 30 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bill asked on 18 Apr 2011, 06:25 PM
Does the ASP.Net Ajax grid have options for data binding like the grid in MVC? If not, is it to be expected in an upcoming release?

With the grid in MVC, you have the option of doing the following types of binding:
  • Server
  • Ajax/JSON
  • Web Services 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mira
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2011, 12:17 PM
Hello William,

The RadGrid for ASP.NET AJAX also offers these types of data-binding.

Please examine the Data-binding section of the control's help for additional information. You can also review the Populating with data demos.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Mira
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 09:41 PM
Mira, I am very much familiar with the data binding outlined in the links you provided for the Ajax radcontrols.

However, this data-binding methodology is totally different from the MVC controls in regards to the JSON and web service databinding options which the ajax controls don't have at design time.
Mira
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2011, 01:49 PM
Hello William,

I recommend that you take a look at the following resources in order to get more familiar with client-binding of the RadGrid:
Client-side binding
Client-side binding specifics
Declarative Binding
Programmatic Binding

Do not hesitate to contact us if any further questions arise.

Greetings,
Mira
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Mira
Telerik team
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2