This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Data Bind

5 Answers 169 Views
TileView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dharmesh Trivedi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dharmesh Trivedi asked on 16 Dec 2009, 06:20 AM
I have a coverflow inside the tileview and tile view is inside the rad dock. How can I reference coverlow which inside the tileview and attach a datasource to it. any pointers are really appreciated.

I can have multiple "tiles" in the page and  in each tile will have a cover flow inside. I want to get the coverflow currently selected or one is part of "LargeContent"

Thank you.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2009, 08:06 AM
Hello Dharmesh,

I assume the CoverFlow is inside a DataTemplate and this DataTemplate is given to the TileView's ContentTemplate property. To find the CoverFlow you will have to use VisualTreeHelper which would significantly decrease the performance of your application. Instead, I'd recommend you use RadFluidContentControl as ContentTemplate for the TileView. The attached project demonstrates this particular scenario. Have a look at it and let me know if it is of any help. Additionally, this forum thread explains how some properties of RadFluidContentControl work.

Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Dharmesh Trivedi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Dec 2009, 07:50 PM
I run this project as is, for a second I see the pictures and than all disappears.

by default . it remains small content even i change the view.

Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jan 2010, 06:33 PM
Hi Dharmesh,

We are sorry for the late response.

Please preview the attached example and let us know if there are more questions.

All the best,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
krishna surapaneni
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Jan 2010, 05:52 AM
Dear Telerik Team I Reviewd your Example Some Times The Maximize/ Minimize Button Bevahiour is Not Working See The attachment for more details..
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jan 2010, 07:27 AM
Hi Krishna,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

According your report we updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Tags
TileView
Asked by
Dharmesh Trivedi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Dharmesh Trivedi
Top achievements
Rank 1