This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom themes for 2011 Q3 Gauge

4 Answers 97 Views
Gauges
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
Max asked on 18 Nov 2011, 04:21 PM
Hi all!

I have successfully implemented custom themes (telerik approach) for 2011 Q2 version
of gauges in VS 2010. I was using "Creating and applying a custom theme for RadScheduler for WPF" as help.

Yesterday I installed 2011 Q3 RAD controls and tried to implement new gauges and they are looking
beautiful and are working fine. I also created another custom theme project for new gauges, but I'm
having problems with resources files :( I used templates from Telerik theme samples.
I tried different approaches defining Resources in custom themes library. But I was either getting error
"invalid ThemeType" or "Cannot locate resource 'themes/gauge/customdarkq3/styles.xaml'".

Has procedure for custom themes changed for Q3 version of controls? I noticed there are now 2
gauges xaml files (Gauge.xaml and Gauge_New.xaml). Any suggestion on how to approach this problem?

Regards, Max

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2011, 09:39 AM
Hello Max,

I have created a sample solution which implements a custom theme for the new gauge control using the instructions of the article. I have used the Gauge_New.xaml file as a base file for the Generic.xaml of the custom theme project. It works as expected.

I have attached the sample solution. I hope it helps.

All the best,
Andrey Murzov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Nov 2011, 12:16 PM
Hello Andrey,

I tested your solution and it works fine for Radial Gauge-s, but it's not working for
Vertical or Horizontal linear gauge :(
I'm not very experienced with WPF so I wasn't able to find missing settings in generic.xaml.
Can you please check it yourself and see what is missing?

Thanks for all the help!

Kind regards, Max
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2011, 03:34 PM
Hello Max,

Unfortunately there is a problem with the use of custom themes in linear gauge types. We already have the PITS issue on changing the theming mechanism. You can track its implementation using the following link:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/silverlight/8593

All the best,
Andrey Murzov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Nov 2011, 09:49 AM
Hello Andrey,

thanks for your reply. I'll track the issue and hope that you'll be able to resolve it soon!

Good luck :)

Kind regards, Max
Tags
Gauges
Asked by
Max
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Max