This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom sort

3 Answers 24 Views
DataServiceDataSource
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 09 Aug 2013, 08:54 PM
Hi,
I am using RadDomainDataSource and WCF Services to get data from ms sql database. But I have problem with sorting because I want to implement my own sort logic (natural sort of numbers stored as nvarchar). How can I do that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
With regards 
Mark

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2013, 04:26 PM
Hi Mark,

When using RadDomainDataSource then paging, filtering and sorting will be performed directly on the server. 

Still along with the control we are shipping a set of extension methods which allow you to write native LINQ expression against an entity query object. 

Regards,
Didie
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Aug 2013, 05:16 AM
Hi,
What extension method do you mean? Do you have any example I could use?

With regards
Mark
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2013, 09:21 AM
Hi,

The pager generates Skip and Take clauses on the respective IQueryable and then they are sent for execution directly to server. You can check this forum for an example on how you can invoke them yourself.

You can also check more information on LINQ and also the IQueryable interface, which RadGridView perfectly binds to. Please note that the RadDomainDataSource.DataView implements this interface. 

Regards,
Didie
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
DataServiceDataSource
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1